Sunday, February 18, 2024

Do You Have an Actionable Vision for Your Life?

 Your dreams have two possible outcomes; they live or they die.  My own life experiences teach me that what happens next once you come up with a vision for your life depends on what steps you take to make that vision a reality.

Many years ago I dreamed about my life in my senior years.  My vision had some defects related to my own personal choices.  I realized my vision for my retirement years may not even be possible due to premature death.  I made changes.  I'm still making adjustments.  The more I learn about how my choices affect my vision, the more I adapt.

I find myself surrounded by groups of people who have a common actionable vision for their lives.  These people are positive influences.  When an actionable vision is shared with like-minded people the magic happens.  I witnessed this first-hand yesterday on the tennis courts.  We have been playing together for over ten years.  Yesterday we encountered a speed bump.  The other team upgraded their roster to include some very strong young players.  We held our own until the lag match.  Tied at 2-2, my lag match would decide the victor.  We came up short losing the super tiebreaker 10-8 after a grueling first set tiebreaker win and an overtime second set we lost 7-5.  This was our first team loss of the season.  All I can say is watch out for us.  We will make the adjustments and we will find a way to improve.  I'm thankful I got to spend seven quality hours on the tennis courts last week.  I'm also thankful for another four hours on the pickleball courts.  If all goes well with City Hall, my actionable vision for outdoor pickelball courts will become a reality.  Stay tuned.  This is going to be a very busy season.  Why not set ninety minutes aside today and work on your own actionable vision for your life?  It's never too late to enhance the quality of your life.  Have a great day.

No comments: