Saturday, February 24, 2024

Staycation Day 6

 Tennis Drills begin at 8am followed by two hours of doubles with my teammates.  It's day 6 of my staycation.  Besides daily exercise and writing, something else has been going on in my community – a grass roots transformation in the Pickleball world.  I've been hesitant to write about this as there will be teammates in the tennis world who may feel like I'm betraying them because I'm splitting my time between both sports.  Some may even challenge the idea that Pickleball is a sport.  

This transformation I'm referencing is not only happening in our family, we are witnessing the birth of a whole new lifestyle.  Never before have I seen a community rally like they are now.  Not only are these folks showing up daily to play Pickleball, they are gathering monthly off the courts to get to know each other.  My wife and I are doing something together that is deepening our relationship.  It doesn't even feel like we are exercising.  

I will share more about this later.  For now, it's time to get on the tennis courts and then get in front of my laptop for a serious writing session.  The finish line is on the horizon.  Stay tuned.  Have a great day.

No comments: