Wednesday, February 28, 2024

RIP, Uncle Victor

 News of my uncle's passing came in last evening.  Mom sent us a text message shortly after he departed this world to join his parents and his son, Mark, the first cousin on either side of the family to be called up after a long battle.  Uncle Victor died at 3:37 this afternoon, she wrote.  I immediately imagined what it looked like for my uncle upon seeing his parents and his son, Mark, eagerly embracing at Heaven's gates.  That joy overshadowed the pain of loss my aunt Pat and their seven remaining adult offspring are feeling right now.  Please join me in prayer for them to be comforted at this difficult time.

My mom and her older brother were as close as two siblings can be.  I was with my mom when she got the phone call that her brother was coming to Iowa with his wife and oldest son, Joe, and they wanted to get together.  We hurriedly made plans to visit.  Oh, what a celebration that was.  We had a fireside chat at the hotel where we booked rooms.  Uncle Victor shared how my first book, God's Black Sheep Squadron, touched his heart.  Our families were so close growing up and it wasn't easy for my uncle to see our family go through the pain of divorce.  

There is a special place in Heaven for my uncle.  He will be missed.  Thank you to my readers for sending prayers and good thoughts to this special family during their time of loss.  Have a great day.

Aunt Pat, uncle Victor and my mom

Uncle Victor with my mom

Cousin Joe, the caveman, and uncle Victor



No comments: