Monday, February 19, 2024

Best Mexican Food in Globe

 I'm writing this review while being served by Lupita Reynoso, a third generation owner of La Casita cafe in Globe, birthplace of my mother, Gloria.  Mom went to high school with Josephine Reynoso.  All I can say is when three generations are involved, they get an opportunity to perfect the menu.

My brother and I went big with the ribeye, served with beans, rice, and a tortilla.  I won't review the tortilla as this is not part of the caveman food program.  Neither are the chips, although I did sneak a few.

The salads arrived first.  My oh my.  Yummy!  You're gonna love the sliced onions, black olives, red and green cabbage, and raddish,  topped with shredded cheese.

Next up was the ribeye.  While devouring my number one item on my caveman food program, I thought of my grandpa on my mother's side who operated two photogragphy studios in Globe and Miami while servicing trains at the railroad at night.  My work ethic comes from my grandpa who loved going on joy rides with my mom on his harley on the back roads of the salt river canyon.

You must visit Globe and stop by La Casita Cafe.  Tell them the caveman from Iowa, a descendant of the Rubalcaba clan of Globe, sent you.  You will not be disappointed.  Have a great day.


No comments: