Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Staycation Day 9

Staycation or vacation – which is better?  While my top memories are from past vacations, this first staycation happens to be just what I needed to refresh my soul and wipe the major priorities off my to do list.  In my opinion, staycations offer more time to relax as travel time is eliminated.  Also, there is no jet lag which accompanies far away destinations.  Today is my last day of staycation.  I feel a great sense of accomplishment.  I also feel well rested.  I may not be catching rays on a sandy beach in the Caribbean, but I do have everything I need right here in my Midwest home.  The bonus yesterday was a record high temp of 78º which shattered the previous record of 70º set in 1896.

It's time to head to the indoor pickleball courts with my wife.  Tomorrow night I will rejoin my tennis teammates for a couple hours of indoor tennis at the end of my day job shift.  It's hard to believe February is coming to a rapid conclusion.  Have a great day.  

No comments: