Friday, February 2, 2024

Can You Spot the Endorphins in Your Losses?

 This story may sound like it's coming from the Twilight Zone.  Stay with me.  While it may be true our society is hyper-focused on the finish line, there may be something missing.  It took me a while to learn this lesson as I tend to be one of those people who spends a great deal of my time imagining how I'm feeling when I finally achieve a major milestone.  Visualization is a powerful tool.  Consider this... what is going on inside your head along the way to victory?  If you're like me, you probably want to vanquish those losses from your mind as quickly as possible and move on.  There is something going on in those daily pursuits.  Win or lose, these "practice sessions" are loading you up with endorphins.  If you can find a way to reward yourself for your daily rituals, your brain will be flooded with enough endorphins to keep you on the course.

I have a feeling in my gut that you may actually accumulate more endorphins along the way to victory than when you actually cross the finish line.  Why?  Victories are short-lived.  Long term pursuits of your goals are continuous.  The key is to stay motivated.  Remain in the game.  Reward yourself for your journey even if some days end in failure.  Have a great day.

No comments: