Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Queen of the Rubalcaba Clan


Her name is Gloria Dolores Mulligan.  Before she became a Mulligan, her maiden name was Rubalcaba.  I call her Mom.  She's the backbone of the Caveman Miracle Network.  Her prayers allowed me to survive the most tumultuous times of my life.  Mom volunteered to help type one of my college term papers the day before deadline when my hunt-and-peck method wasn't getting the job done.  The ribbon broke.  Mom stayed up all night, manually moving the ribbon, inches at a time.  It was like plowing a field without a tractor.  She went to work the next morning without any sleep while I scribbled the last pages of my paper by hand at sunrise.  I drove to her workplace and she finished typing during her break just in time for me to meet my deadline.  I got an A.  I also learned to type.

Mom is always there for her six kids.  She encourages.  She prays.  She believes in us.  She's the oldest of her generation of Rubalcabas and the first honorary member of the Children's Miracle Network.  Mom is one in a million.  You will never find one as loving and caring as my mother.  God bless the queen of the Rubalcaba clan.  She earned her angel wings a long time ago.  I love you, mom!

No comments: