Friday, August 28, 2015

My Semi Fictional Life on the Road


Move over, Jerry Seinfeld.  Your doppelganger is here.  I've been on the road for the last eleven days and now I know what it's like to live in your shoes.  Let's just say people in my life bear an uncanny resemblance to your cast members.  I wasn't watching episodes of Seinfeld, I was living them.  At one point during my vacation I asked someone to please re-enter the room the way Kramer would.  If I'm dreaming, please don't wake me up.  I'm having too much fun.

I'm sorry, I can't name names.  All I can tell you is if you want to know what my family reunion was like, just pretend you're watching Seinfeld on stage sharing stories about his adventures.  There is one part of the story that is no laughing matter.  My supporting cast helped me discover something about myself that needs attention.  My blood pressure is unhealthy.  I bought a blood pressure monitor while I was on the road and I'm making some important changes.  My real-life mother and my real-life wife have seen enough challenges to live a life-time of Seinfeld reruns so I'm not going to add to their woes.  I'm promising to do what is necessary so we can live together as one happy family.  Have a great day.

No comments: