Saturday, August 15, 2015

Be Prepared


Today is my last day off before my vacation.  I'm embarking on a 4,000 mile road trip beginning at 4:00 AM, on Monday morning.  I'm almost ready.  The checklist is a mile long.  I play the "what if" game to aid me in my preparations.  It works like this:
  1. Ask yourself questions about what's ahead.  For example, "what if my car breaks down?"
  2. Write a list of answers.
  3. Decide which answer offers the best solution.
  4. Ask questions for all possible scenarios.  
  5. Map out your answers in a "decision tree."  Here's a sample...


 This what if game helped me decide the best options for my road trip.  I decided on a rental car because the risk of a break down on a vehicle with 188,000 is too high.  This system allows you to be prepared.  Give it a try.  Let me know if this is useful.  Have a great day.

No comments: