There are many times in my life when I make mistakes. A wise man once told me, "Acknowledge. Move on." That advice works well for all my blunders and gaffes. But, what about the times when I stumble upon something that actually exceeds my expectations? I say, "repeat it every day and make it part of your life." Here are some examples I've stumbled upon:
- Double up on established habits. One day I was in a hurry and I decided to do my leg raise exercises while flossing my teeth. I count to fifty every morning while doubling up on flossing and exercising. My teeth and my calves are in great shape.
- Pack a lunch. I love peanut butter and jelly. I also love reducing my debt. By packing a daily lunch, I get to do two things I love at the same time. It's healthy and it's saves money.
- Praying. This activity was once reserved for the times in my life when I was backed into a corner. On good days when everything was going great, I forgot to say thanks for the answered prayers. This is now a permanent part of my life.
- Start your day with your most important priority. For me, it's writing and blogging. No matter how busy I am, I make sure to wake up early enough to write first. This is one of those days when I need to be at my day job early. That means I need to start my day early enough to accomplish my writing priorities.
- Acknowledge the contributions others make before moving on. It only takes a few seconds to say thank you. I make a point to do this in all my interactions. Repeat this every day for thirty days and watch what happens with your relationships.