“Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.” ~ Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa kept things simple. She never got overwhelmed with the long lines. She focused on the person who was in front of her. Her message helps me get through days when I have trouble seeing the end of the line of people who need my help. Try these ideas to help you get through a busy day:
- Start with the person nearest you.
- Stay with them until they get all the answers they need from you.
- Keep your eyes fixed on the person in front of you and block everything else out.
- Don't worry about time. If you don't spend enough time with the person who needs your help, you will not make a difference in their lives.
- It's not about numbers, it's about quality. Do your best each moment of the day. Give the person in front of you all the attention they need from you.