Tuesday, May 7, 2013

How Does Your Attitude Rank?


It's a good thing your attitude score is not measured by what happens to you.  Think of your life as if you're a professional baseball player.  Every day you are at risk of injury, being traded to another team, or even being cut from your own team.  About the only thing you have control over is your attitude.  You choose if you want to take batting practice to improve your odds of winning.  You choose how you will deal with difficult situations or people.

I have seen some really tough pitches in my personal life lately.  Although my own stats in key areas of my life may appear below the Mendoza Line, that's a batting average below .200, my own personal attitude score has never been below a "10."  Here are some things I do to keep my attitude rank at the top of the charts:
  1. I expect strikeouts to happen at any moment of my life.  These strikeouts are the things I have no control over.  They help me to learn more about my adversaries.  Each time they throw me a pitch I haven't seen before, I thank them; they are accelerating my personal growth opportunities.  I know if I stay in the game, eventually I will master even the most difficult situations.
  2. I love to frustrate my opponents.  They single me out because they can't stand a person who keeps his cool under pressure.  If I fail to keep my attitude at a "10" -- they win.  They will never find my attitude strike zone.  I protect it with everything that I am.  I win the attitude game every day as long as I keep it at a "10."
  3. I remember this Bible quote when I'm facing my most challenging days... For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,  neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 8:38-39.
Keep in mind that you are only in Spring training.  The real game does not begin until your death.  Everything else is batting practice.  Don't let anything change your attitude rank.  And make sure Jesus is your coach.  Anyone who has power over death and the keys to Heaven is worth getting to know on a personal level.  How can your attitude be anything less than a "10" when Jesus is on your team?  Your comments are welcome below.

No comments: