As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. ~ Psalm 138:8
When I first read the news my California friend was shot down while flying a helicopter on an overseas mission, my heart sank. I thought about Bryan Forney's wife and young children. The news was vague. His body was covered in burns. People all over the world joined together to pray for his recovery. Though his body was broken, his spirit remains unscathed. Every day, Bryan's wife sends out reports in the Forney Journey. Soon, Bryan will be leaving the ICU. He is a great example.
For those of us facing difficult challenges who feel broken on a spiritual level, here are some ideas to help repair a broken spirit:
- Surround yourself with people who believe in you. This is a major factor in the Forney Journey. Bryan has a strong wife who loves him and is beside him every day.
- Ask for prayers. You don't ever need to be alone. There are prayer warriors who can assist you when your spirit is broken.
- Don't ever give up. Your circumstances are temporary. Your spirit is permanent. Learn to keep your spirit sheltered from your circumstances.
- Slow down. Quiet time is good for the soul.
- Pray. Your spirit may be broken because you are disconnected from God. Once your lines of communication are restored, your spirit will be healed.