Wednesday, May 1, 2013

How to Handle a Dead End


There have been times in my life when I didn't like the road signs in front of me.  I spent twenty-three years living on a cul-de-sac.  Though I appreciated the lack of cars traveling in our precious neighborhood, I never viewed my street as a dead end.  That's the best way to approach any type of dead end you may be facing in your career, your personal life or any other area you feel is not working out.  Try looking at your dead ends this way:
  1. Dead ends are not the end of your journey -- they are signs you need to take a detour.
  2. Dead ends are road signs suggesting you are going in a meaningless direction.  They are there to warn you there is a better alternate route.
  3. Dead end signs are like maps.  They are tools to help you find your way.  If you pay attention to the dead end sign, you will avoid delays on your journey.
  4. Dead ends teach lessons.  They warn us we need to make changes in our lives.  There are an important part of our journey.
  5. The dead end sign sends a message that complements all the other road signs we face in life.  It is a necessary component of any worthwhile journey.  Consider it a cul-de-sac you visit while you re-route your life.
I will always treasure that dead end I lived on for so many years.  It wasn't meant to be my final destination on this planet.  How about you?  What do you do when you encounter a dead end sign?  Your comments are welcome below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for any other informative web site.
Where else could I am getting that kind of information written in such a perfect way?

I've a undertaking that I'm just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for
such info.

Also visit my blog solavei