Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A One Way Journey Through Life



Life is a one way journey.  I have no desire to go back in time to revisit my younger days.  There are enough activities on my plate today to fill up each day as it comes.  No longer am I in a hurry to rush through the items on my calendar for the sake of checking them off the list.  My life is intentional.  Each day has its own purpose.

My window is wide open this morning.  A strong cool breeze ushers in 71º air from the outside. I'm listening to all the sounds of nature while penning this story.  There is so much to appreciate.  The birds do this instinctively with their sweet songs.  The trees are sprouting their Spring leaves in unison.  And the crickets contribute to the music.   Another storm is in the distance.  Like all the other storms before it, it will pass.   Perhaps its role is to remind me to appreciate the moment I'm in now, to savor it.

Wherever you are today, I hope you are enjoying your one way journey through your life.  May you find enough time in your day today to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of nature.  Have a great day.

No comments: