Saturday, April 13, 2013

How Are You At Being Still?

He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." ~ Psalm 46:10

Type A people don't like to be still.  I recall an observer remark, "There's no moss growing under his feet."  I even request days off from my day job on the slowest days because I enjoy the fast pace on the busy days and I want to be around when there is the most action.  The Bible verse above speaks to me because it puts the focus back on the One responsible for all the good around me.  It reminds me I need to slow down.

If you are having trouble hearing from God, try slowing down.  Turn off the TV.  Go to a quiet place and be still.  Here is a YouTube video to help you...

Do you have any suggestions to add to the conversation?  How often do you make time to be still?  Do you have a favorite place to go?  Your comments are appreciated.

No comments: