It's a good thing I have more than a 4" balance beam under my feet. I need all the help I can get to maintain balance in my life. There are so many times in my life that I've been out of balance I feel like the world around me is spinning and I'm going to fall down due to my dizziness.
If you are like me and you are seeking greater balance in your life, try these ideas:
- Don't try to re-invent the wheel. There are many mentors around who understand the fundamentals of balance. Read as much as you can about how to find balance in your life. Attend conferences. Study people who are experts at maintaining a healthy balance in their lives.
- Spend 80% of your time on the top 20% of your priorities.
- Schedule days off, vacations and fun activities and sleep 8 hours every day.
- Pretend your work area is a playground.
- Don't spend more than you earn.
- You have one mouth and two ears. Remember to listen twice as much as you speak.
- No matter how busy you are, take a fifteen minute break every two hours.
- Eat healthy.