Monday, February 27, 2012

Learning From The Pros

No matter what answer I'm searching for, thanks to the power of the internet, I can find an expert on any topic within seconds.  Last Saturday, I was searching YouTube for expert advice on conducting live auctions, just hours before hosting a fundraiser for my church.  The pointers gained from these internet mentors made a huge impact on my performance.

Many pros are willing to offer free advice on their blogs or websites.  Anytime I find an expert in a particular area of interest, I look up their Twitter handle and follow them.  This is especially helpful for subject matter that is changing rapidly.  Their tweets point me to the latest trends; I stay current by clicking on their latest posts.

Have you been in a situation where you used the internet to locate an expert?  How did the internet help you to learn a lesson?  Please leave your comments below.

No comments: