Friday, February 24, 2012

An Emotional Day Reading Scripture at my Church

Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert. ~ Isaiah 43:19

The quote above is an excerpt from Isaiah I read in front of my congregation last Sunday, my last official duty before moving out of state.  As I read verse 19, I thought about the new thing God is doing in me.  I thought about all the times I resisted His plans, His changes, His nudges, to create something new in me.

In some ways, I'm the wanderer in the wilderness, the one searching for fresh water in the barren desert.  And Isaiah speaks of our God who plucks us from that wilderness and replants us in fertile soil watered by life-giving streams.

Yes, I do perceive a new thing springing forth.  One chapter of my life has been written.  Now it's time to write a new one in a new state.  At last, I'm ready to follow Him out of the wilderness.

What Bible scripture speaks to you?  Please comment below.

No comments: