Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Sad Loss

And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. ~ John 6:39-40

One of the joys of Facebook is reconnecting with old friends.  These years living away from my acquaintances  has kept me out of the loop.  Last night I learned one of my high school friends from my "inner circle" is no longer with us.  My friend disappeared without a trace.

Another good friend from my church lost his home during the first wildfire.  He moved to another community and I saw him one more time at a high school graduation party.  Shortly after the party, he ended his life, even though it looked perfect on the outside.  My friend had reached out to me several times and wanted me to go bike riding with him.  I was always too busy.

I can't change the past, only learn from it.  This is part of my inspiration for sharing my past.  Maybe there is someone out there who can relate to these messages.  My promise to you is that I will be here everyday at 8:08 in the morning, sharing my life with you.  I already know there are a series of storms brewing on the horizon.  My life is far from perfect and this blog is a work in progress.  My prayer is that you can find the One between the lines who comforts me.  The One I follow is never too busy to be with you.  When you pray to Him and don't hear anything, please don't assume that He isn't listening or He doesn't care.  Sometimes, it's better for you when He says "no," or "not yet."

May the souls of those good friends I lost to suicide rest in peace.  May those who are struggling with anxiety or depression find hope.  May the families who lost a loved one to suicide be consoled.  My heart goes out to you.

No comments: