Friday, April 8, 2011

My First Rodeo

My hometown is known for it's horse lovers and annual rodeos.  Crowds gather from neighboring communities to see the daredevils compete in the arena.  I may not be a cowboy, however, I do feel like I'm in my first rodeo, an adventure of a lifetime.

On Saturday morning, April 16th, from 9am to 11am, I will enter the stage for the first time as a published author.  My good friend, Elliott Fox, the most senior tennis player in my community, who just celebrated his 85th birthday, will introduce me.  It will be a great honor to be sharing the arena with Peter Zindler, and Byron Mettler, two writers who have published ten books between them.

My dream for the book signing event is to give the audience hope, to inspire each person to look inside their hearts and discover something inside waiting to be unleashed.  I prefer to speak directly from my heart rather than write scripts and I really don't know how the crowd will react.  One thing is certain,  when Elliott calls my name, I'll be ready.  I'm taking the bull by the horns and I'll shoot out of the gate when the bell rings.  This is my first rodeo, my friend.  I hope you are there to share the experience.

No comments: