Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Power of a Dream

One year ago, our hopes of capturing a championship were dashed when we were swept by another team late in the season and finished in second place.  Our captain, Stacey, woke up the next morning and began to dream about a new year.

As our squad heads to Las Vegas to compete in a crowded field of nineteen teams from all over the country, we are dreaming about the possibilities of a destiny now within our grasp...a national championship.

I am in awe at the commitment each player has made to improve and to help one another.  We have become like a family, each one looking out for the other.  We have overcome injuries and beaten the odds.  It reminds me of a young man featured in the video below.  I will watch it over and over before I walk onto the courts at the Darling Tennis Center in Las Vegas on Friday, April 29th with my team-mates.  The power of a dream can fuel a desire to reach for the stars...

No comments: