Sunday, April 17, 2011

First Book Signing a Success

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square hole. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." ~ Apple Computer Inc.


The quote above appears on the Facebook page of one of the San Diego Writers Guild members who sent me an encouraging note after my first book signing.  The quote reminded me of all the people who tried to reshape me from a round peg to a square one, the ones who thought they were doing me a favor when they offered me a "safer" road to travel upon rather than the one filled with dangerous crevices and narrow passage ways.


Vision requires courage.  Butterflies exist because they are willing to go through a transformation.  Yesterday, I was surrounded by magnificent butterflies fluttering about the crowd gathered for our book signing event.  Yes, I do believe we can change our world, that hope can replace despair.  I believe in new beginnings.  I've now seen a glimpse of my future and I'm excited to move forward, even though the pathway is unmarked and treacherous.


Here are some photos from the book signing event I hosted.  Thanks to all who made this day possible...


Members of the Ramona Christian Writers Critique Group, Peter, Barbara and Byron.
Pete presented me with this sign as a gift, telling me, "Every writer needs a sign."  Thanks, Pete!








Elliott and Patti Fox

Peter Zindler entertains the crowd.


Byron Mettler touts "God's Black Sheep Squadron."


The crowd recognizes Helen's special aunt Susie, pictured at far right.


Elliott Fox gets the party started.



Pete led us in prayer before our event began.

What a joy to have all my family here for this memorable day.



This is Angel in the outfield #1, Joan Brouillette.  She was the highest bidder at the live auction for my book.  Her $325 donation was given to my church, the first fruit of my work.  Thank you, Joan, you are one special Angel!

No comments: