Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Who Are You?

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God ~ John 1:12

If a stranger asked, "who are you?"...how would you answer?  What if you were asked to take blank paper and write about yourself for one hour?  Would you write about your job or the things you do?  Perhaps your hopes and dreams?  Would you just stare at the blank paper until the hour is up?  How would you feel about sharing what you put on the paper?  Do these questions intimidate you?  Maybe it would be easier to just close your eyes and meditate on these questions for a while...that is, if you are seeking answers.  Go ahead.  Try it out.  Just close your eyes and ask yourself, "who am I?"  Come back when you are done and let's compare notes...

Okay,  I know some of you out there are super busy and maybe you decided you didn't have time for these questions so you just skipped.  I challenge you to set aside some time to at least meditate on these questions in silence.  If you are feeling extra bold, write your thoughts down so you can review them periodically.

People have asked me, "why do you spend so much time writing?"  The answer is simple...I know who I am.  I know why I have been created and what my purpose is.  I am here for just one reason...to help you know who you are.  The Creator has been shaping me for fifty years so that one day I would discover the meaning of my life and finally leave the cave I cowered in.  I will not waste another minute pursuing false dreams or hopes.  Instead, I will follow Him and do His will.  He wants you to know who you are.  These daily stories are for you, to help you get to know Him, to get you to come out of your cave, leave your island of despair, or just wake up and say, "I am a child of God and He loves me even if I don't love myself.  He wants to be the center of my life.  I know who I am."

No comments: