Saturday, October 30, 2010

Laugh

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.  ~Victor Borge


Today's post is dedicated to my tennis buddies.  They make me laugh so hard that I fear I could end up tinkling in my tennis shorts.  I had to sacrifice my regular tennis night with them this week due to a three day business trip.  I missed my evening of comedy, however, they remained in my heart as I took care of my Zoom duties in Las Vegas.

My time away gave me many opportunities to meditate about the final stages of my book.  Many of the customers that I visited were feeling down due to lack of sales.  This is the time when having a sense of humor can really brighten up those challenging days.

My wife and kids humor me.  They all believe I am going through some sort of mid-life crisis.  They give me extra hugs and smiles.  What they don't really see is that the world is going through a mid-life crisis.  God has chosen me, a zany guy who hid in caves most of my life, to come out and rev things up a little with some V8 power.  He "covers" me with some very interesting people to help accomplish His mission.

My prayer for you today is that you find people in your life who can make you laugh.  The picture you see above was taken on my drive home from Vegas.  I was thinking about my tennis buddies while eating my lunch, a banana and a V8, and decided to have a little fun.  I placed the banana peel and the empty can on my dashboard for some company (reminds me of Tom Hank's buddy, Wilson, shown on the right).


I sent the picture to my mixed doubles partner (she's a BANANA-HEAD).  She promised me that she would stay quiet about my silliness, lest it hurt book sales and I appreciate that, however, it is better for the blog world to know that this writer is a little "fruity."  The world needs odd.  It needs laughter.  Go ahead, show everyone what you've got.  If it's humor, bring it.  Make 'em laugh.  Time to go, I need some POTASSIUM.  Anyone got K?  By the way, Wilson slipped away and has not been found.  Keep an eye out for him if you happen to be swimming in the ocean, and watch out for floating banana peels, they can wrap themselves around you just like an octopus.  For me, they sure do make an excellent sunscreen and life would be boring without them.  Have a HAPPY DAY.

No comments: