Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Maker's Diet

 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." ~ Genesis 1:29

At the beginning of the year, I shared with you how my wife and I made vision boards with specific goals and pictures for this year.  What I kept private is that part way through the year, I got peeved about being off course.  I took my board down so I would not have to face being off-target every single day.  My wife reviews hers every morning.  Her theme is hope.  I enjoy looking at hers every day.  Her vision board is loaded with uplifting pictures and makes me feel good.

Recently, the captain of my tennis team shared three books with me that impacted her life greatly.  I started reading, "The Maker's Diet", by Jordan Rubin, a gentleman who almost died from some form of Crohn's disease.  Near death, he turned to foods that are listed in the Bible.  He overcame his disease and now dedicates his life to helping others understand what foods are needed to be our best.

I have made radical changes in my food habits based on this book.  When my body fat measurement hit the 20% mark, I remembered listing it as one of the goals I made at the beginning of the year.  I pulled out my crumpled up vision board and reviewed the health category.  I was shocked.  My body fat and weight measurements were EXACTLY what I had written on the board.  This is how our subconscious works.  Even though I did not see my goals every day, my brain was working on them.

If you are seeking a healthier life, make sure you read this book.  It is especially for people who are living in places that are supposedly "advanced".  This book will change your perceptions of the foods you eat.  Even my own doctor sees the health benefits espoused in this book and refuses to eat that lobster in his freezer even though it is one of his favorite foods.  Too bad I reminded him that lobsters are the ocean's scavengers, created to remove pollution from our seas.

Thanks, Stacey, for sharing your secrets to a healthy life.  They really do work as long as you  make them a way of life and not just some fad diet.  Most of the health problems we see in our country come from eating the wrong foods while not eating the right ones.  You deserve to look good and feel great.  Why not start today?

No comments: