Thursday, October 28, 2010

Resisting Evil

Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts ~ 1 Chronicles 16:9

Arrogance.  Pride.  Prejudice.  Temptation.  Power.  Jealousy.  These are just some of the weapons the Evil One uses to attack us.  He studies us, always looking for weaknesses.  We all have them.  Without the Holy Spirit in our lives to guide us and protect us, we fall into the hands of the enemy.  I have been guilty of each one of these sins, and many more.  Resisting Evil is not easy, especially when we are being attacked in the areas of our lives where we are most vulnerable.

The more I read the Bible, the better I understand just how much God loves us, how much He wants to protect us. I have made a decision that since the Evil One is going to do everything in His power to stop me from spreading the Good News and He is going to be around me everywhere I go, I am going to make sure He has some wonderful music to listen to, my songs of praise to God, everyone of them sung off-key.  Don’t worry, I will not sing in front of you, that would be like listening to someone scratching the chalk board with their fingernails. While doing a little private “karaoke commuting”, I will give the Enemy back some of the torture He has bestowed on this servant, like getting pelted by an overhead smash from my men's tennis doubles partner, the "Red Rocket."   Oh yes, I have been given a unique gift of singing like no other and the recipient of my songs will suffer immensely.  I have sharps and flats in my songs that cannot be duplicated (thank God).  The Enemy just absolutely cannot stand it when we are singing praises to our Creator, especially my off-key renditions.

You can defeat any temptation that the Evil One puts in your life.  No matter how many times you have fallen in the past, you can get up and stay up.  Pray.  Sing.  Worship.  Fellowship.  Forgive.  Love.  The power is within you.  It is far greater than any weapon the Evil One uses to separate you from God.  Invite Jesus into your heart and you will RISE with Him.

No comments: