Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Birds of a Feather

"Creativity does not truly come from the popularized image of the tormented artist, struggling with the muse. True creativity is born in community as men and women of God listen to each other and to [God]; as we seek to understand each other's woundedness and strengths." ~ Michael Card (musician who composed El Shaddai)

Once you have discovered your purpose for being on this planet, it helps to surround yourself with people who have similar goals.  Michael Card said it best in the quote above.  For me, I have found my purpose, one that is enhanced by my team-mates in the business world, my writer's group, my volunteer groups, and my tennis group.  Each of these "birds of a feather" allows me to share my own strengths and weaknesses without fear of failure.  Together, we are growing into completeness, building one another up.

Our Creator was with His chosen team throughout the ages.  He taught them how to eat properly so that they could survive in times of famine and plagues.  His people were persecuted because others believed they were the source of tribulations since they seemed immune.

When the Messiah came, He came for all of us.  There is no longer just one team favored by God, but many.  Regardless of the team you are on, or who you think God is or isn't, He is constant and I will praise Him till I die.  May you be surrounded by birds of a feather, people who know God and praise Him and may you come to know just how much He loves you...

 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
       will rest in the shadow of the Almighty ~ Psalm 91:1


No comments: