Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reaching Out to a Friend

There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul.  ~Edith Wharton

Today's blog is dedicated to a special friend that has been a source of great inspiration and encouragement in my life.  If this person were to read this message, he or she would not even think that they are making a difference in my life.  They would dismiss themselves as unimportant or insignificant.  I know otherwise.  I know my heart.  I know what it is like to finally be free of the uninspired life I once lived, to be free of the demons that tormented me without ceasing.  It was a life that was, at best, lukewarm and middle of the road.


As I close my day at nearly 1:00 am, my final prayers are of thanks...thanks for those in this world who touch the lives of others, even when they themselves are hurting or at times are feeling lonely.  In this prayer, I include the people in my own life who have touched my very soul.  May these people be comforted and may God Bless each of them with friends that will stand with them in their trials. 

Reach out and touch someone today.  Let them know that they are special.  Encourage them.  You may be the one who ignites the fire in the soul of another.  And to the one who helps me to feel alive again, I offer my heart-felt gratitude.  Thank you for being a friend.  You may remain anonymous in the blog world, however, you are a bright light that reaches to the deepest regions of my soul.  May each one of you who reads this message be Blessed with a special friend who will be by your side in your journey, just as I have been Blessed in my life.

No comments: