Friday, October 22, 2010

Rekindling the Fire

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.  ~ Albert Schweitzer 


God's mysteries are unraveling before my eyes.  I see the beauty in His plans.  I marvel at his creation.  Never before in my life have I been connected to so many people of God at the same time.  Can it be that my lack of fire within my soul caused me to sit on the sidelines, to disconnect from a life that was meant to be lived with red-hot passion?  Why did I not take notice of all the good that is in this world? What caused me to only see darkness for so many years?

The Bible is filled with stories about regular people who were transformed.  Sometimes, it was an event that caused this metamorphosis, like a blind man being healed or a lame person receiving new legs.  At other times, it was an encounter with a stranger that rekindled a new flame inside someone's soul.  God has a way of reaching the very ordinary person and making him or her extraordinary, either directly or through others.   The first followers all had one quality in common, burning passion within their souls to share Jesus.  I have discovered this flame.  I will not stop until I have shared this fire with those who are hungry to fill the void that's inside.  This is my destiny.  What is yours?

In every part of my life, there are special people, lifting me up in the Spirit.  I thank God for them.  It is as if there is some kind of magnet inside of me that suddenly switched on, attracting others to join me in this book writing journey.  A squadron is being formed.  They are people that one may not normally find on a battlefield.  Your neighbor.  The person bagging your groceries.  The guy changing your oil.  Your babysitter.  Yes, these people of God are all around you.  They are there to help you rekindle your fire.  Maybe you are the one chosen by God to rekindle the flame of someone in your life.

Once you have been re-ignited, join the squadron.  Light up the world around you.  We are in a spiritual war and the stakes are high.  Let your light shine brightly as you share your faith with the lost and the fallen...

No comments: