Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bad Hair Day


Remember when the kid in "Home Alone" looked in the mirror and screamed? That is what I wanted to do when I discovered that my hair clippers were on the wrong setting as I was finishing my hair cut over the weekend. I had an instant flashback to the time my mother walked out of the room while cutting my younger brother's hair. I asked him if he wanted help and he nodded yes. Yikes!

My daughter and my wife were both ROFL (that is Facebook-speak for rolling on floor laughing). My customers also got a few laughs yesterday as I told them what happened. It is not easy to walk out of a building backwards but that is exactly what my wife suggested to do so that I could hide the bald strip on the back of my head. She also said, "don't worry, in a couple of weeks it won't look so bad."

Just when I had forgotten about the bad hair day, I got an email this morning from one of my uncles who had seen the naked cave man video for the first time. He jokingly pointed out that I should get a tan before doing another video. OK, uncle Harry, now you know why my wife only filmed me from the waist up! Also, this is a G rated (God rated) website and I don't need any lightning strikes to add to the bad hair.

If you find yourself having a bad hair day, cheer up, it's not the end of the world. There are more important things to focus on, like being thankful for all the good in your life. I am thankful that God has placed so many awesome people around me and that they still love me, even if I don't have any hair...

No comments: