Sunday, August 30, 2026

Men's 40+ Team Advance to Semifinals in Oklahoma City

Stardate 08.30.2026



My team captain sent me a message last night with some great news.

Our men's 40+ team is in the semifinals this morning in Oklahoma City.

The winner advances directly to the finals.

I'll be cheering from afar.

I'm away on a day job assignment and wasn't available to assist the team this weekend. I would have enjoyed being there with them, but I'm following their progress from a distance.

A message from my captain brought me up to speed.

My teammates have played well enough to earn a spot in the semifinals. Now they have an opportunity to keep going.

I'm proud of these guys.

Congratulations to my teammates on making it this far. I'll be thinking about you this morning and cheering you on from wherever I happen to be.

Go get 'em, guys.

"Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established."

Proverbs 16:3

Sometimes our plans put us in different places. We can still encourage the people who matter to us.

Join me here:

https://substack.com/@michaelmulliganlivelong

Captain's Addendum

Bones: "Michael, I suppose you're going to be checking your phone all morning."

Spock: "That would be a logical response, Doctor."

Bones: "For once, Spock, I agree with you."

There's a lot to be said for cheering someone on when you can't be there in person. My teammates are carrying the ball today. I'm grateful I get to watch from afar.

🖖

No comments: