Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Find Your Purpose

 Today's story is inspired by Sandra, one of the sweetest, kindest souls I've ever encountered.  For those of you who knew my mother's mother, this woman is like her sister.  In fact, visiting with her while on a break felt like visiting my grandma Mary.  

I must admit that I'm usually the oldest person around when I'm sent on new opening assignments.  Out of respect for Sandra, I won't reveal her age here.  Let's just say see has me beat.  You wouldn't believe it if you knew how many years she's been around because her youthful appearance and glowing skin hide her true age.

Sandra asked me some rather direct questions about my life.  This was not meant to pry but to get to know me.  She sought me out on her day off to dig deeper.  I hope Sandra reads this because she is my hero.  She lives her life the way I want to live mine.  It's old school.  It's a life of purpose.

Do you really want a life filled with purpose? Seek people like Sandra.  Listen to them.  Watch how they treat others.  Thank you, Sandra for welcoming me to Indiana.  My time here is coming to a conclusion but I promise I will never forget you.  Have a great day.

No comments: