Friday, November 19, 2021

Be Careful What You Ask For

I'm still shaking my head.  What seemed like some kind of random event many years ago now appears to be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  If you've heard me share this story before, please be patient while I bring newcomers up to speed.  I'm sharing something few people in the world talk about because they may be afraid of what others think.  The only opinion that truly matters is what God thinks.

A stranger from I don't know where walked into our house of worship to talk about the Bible.  Most of us have one in our homes.  Mine was there to collect dust.  I rarely opened it.  This visitor told stories about how God uses the characters in the Bible to help us understand who we are, like looking into a mirror and seeing ourselves as God speaks to us.  "Look into the mirror when you open your Bible and see yourself through these characters," the man instructed.

I went open, dusted off the dust and opened my Bible asking God to show me who I am through his eyes.  Boom!  It happened.  Not only did I see myself through God's eyes, I saw my past and my future.  What scared the Hell out of me was seeing what is probably the lowest of people in the entire Bible.  This pathetic animal of a man was without clothes and without a life worth living.  He roamed the caves in the outskirts of town.  The villagers feared the man because he was possessed by demons.  Not one or two, but enough demons to cause even the strongest among us to go crazy.  The demons tricked the man into believing he would be forever cursed.  Why?  Because the Son of the Most High God didn't think he was worthy of being a human.  It was a sorry, sorry life.  

One day, a bunch of fisherman came to shore.  They were the chosen ones, the ones who God favored.  The leader, Jesus Christ, got out of the boat and headed straight to this possessed man.  The demons spewed their devil talk.  Jesus commanded the demons to leave the man and go to Hell.  These demons asked to go into the pigs instead and Jesus agreed.  The pigs went crazy and jumped over the cliff and drown in the lake.  The villagers who saw it all ran back to their village to share what happened.  When they came back, there was Jesus with the man and he was dressed in a white garment.  Life was very good for the man who was once possessed until the villagers told Jesus that he needed to depart because they were afraid, especially because their source of income, the pigs, was now wiped out.  The man asked Jesus to take him.  Jesus said no.  Jesus did promise the man he would be back someday and Jesus kept his promise.  The whole town was there because the man "published" all the good that Jesus did in his life while he patiently waited for Jesus to come back.

This story is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  This man who was possessed actually mirrored my life.  My part of the story is not yet finished.  I must keep publishing these stories until the final climax.  Be careful what you ask for.  God answers all prayers according to his perfect will.  Have a great day.


No comments: