Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Make Good Choices

 It's been a while since I spent time in Duluth, Minnesota on a day job assignment.  One message still resonates in my head like a giant gong.  Megan, a young lady in charge of auditing all the paperwork, always took the time to look up at me and say, "Make good choices."

I almost blew it the other night on Halloween.  Most of the restaurants were closed and my stomach was mad at me for sticking to my intermittent fast throughout the day.  My teammate, Terry, also from Iowa who is with me for the duration of our work assignment led the way into a smoke-filled pub and we sat down.  Terry looked at me with a frown and suggested that maybe we made a poor choice to eat.  Megan's voice spooked me inside my head and we darted out of the building before our server could deliver our menus.

I told Terry I agreed that we made a bad choice to eat there.  The last thing I wanted was the stench of cigarette smoke on my clothes.  It's really scary how one bad choice often leads to a domino effect.  We found a wholesome restaurant nearby with a great atmosphere and a caveman approved healthy menu.  I also slept great because I managed to escape the smell of cigarettes on my clothes.

I would like to thank all the people in my life who inspire me to make good choices.  Have a great day.

No comments: