Wednesday, August 19, 2020

The Three Stages of Our Lucy Adoption

 Lucy isn't part of our family yet.  Even though we won't be officially adopting her until early 2022, we are already getting ready to make her a part of our family.  Lucy is our second home on wheels.  She will appear as an empty cargo van with some gently used miles on her.  In order to make her liveable for our vacation travels, Lucy will go through a transformation.  Here's what's ahead.


Stage 1 – Planning

This stage is already underway.  I'm watching YouTube videos to get an idea of the best layout for our travels.  The ideal Lucy will be a Dodge ProMaster 2500 with a 159" wheelbase in the extended version, preferably under 50k miles.  My job during this phase is to come up with the best floor plan and the ideal guts of the van.  I'm also learning how to the transformation, mostly on my own.  This is way out of my comfort zone but is something I really want to do.

Stage 2 – The Adoption

If you've ever had pets, I have a feeling this will be a similar experience.  

Stage 3 – The Conversion Process

I will be writing about this process and there will be some videos to accompany Lucy's transformation.  

If all goes well, my wife and I will be seeking adventures once Lucy is ready for the road.  Stay tuned.  The three stages of Lucy will be featured in upcoming stories.  Have a great day.

No comments: