Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Success is a Continuous Journey

We all dream of how it will feel to cross that finish line that represents our hopes and dreams.  While we may have different ideas about what success is, I want to focus today on the journey.  It's those daily efforts to do what it takes to achieve what others sometimes say is impossible.

I'm a big believer in the daily effort.  I fight two battles, internal and external.  The internal battle is that clash with the dark side of my brain where fear resides.  Fear never really goes away but it can be domesticated just like training your pets to be obedient.  Yes, this is a daily effort.  One negative thought can have the power of one hundred positive ones.  That inner lion staring directly at you has a way of getting your attention.  I do my best to avoid distractions from these internal negative thoughts.  

The external conflict I'm referring to has to do with what's going on in the outside world.  In my opinion, the greatest source of this is TV.  That's one of the reasons I no longer spend useless hours getting caught up in the outside world.  Also, keeping social media to a bare minimum seems to help me reduce external conflict.  Negative people have a way of causing external distractions.  Do your best to avoid engaging with them.  It will hurt your efforts to stay on a path towards your goals.

Speaking of continuous journeys towards long-term goals, I'm pushing my book release dates further out into the future.  This is not the right time to be doing book signings.  Also, I'm discovering that there are a few more critical chapters that I must live before publishing "The Adventures of Wilson," and "Live Long and Prosper."  If you stay with me on this blog, you will see glimpses of this continuous journey I'm referring to.  For now, the daily challenge to overcome the internal and external forces that are fighting me will continue until I'm satisfied that what I have to offer is appropriate.  Have a great day.

No comments: