Sunday, October 11, 2020

The Power of a Single Worthwhile Habit

 If you're wondering how to best transform your life into something that will make your heart sing, consider for a moment one worthwhile task you can do repeatedly for the rest of your life.  You may be reading this post with a bit of skepticism.  "How can one single habit transform my life?" You ask yourself.  This is something I've been working on for the majority of my adult years.  The truth is your life is already a set of habits your repeat daily.  You wake up.  You choose what to eat.  You go to work.  You come home.  You watch the same TV shows.  You go to bed.  These are habits.  Are they worthwhile?  Only you can answer that based on how satisfied you are with your life.

My number one worthwhile habit that I've incorporated into my daily life is daily meditation.  It doesn't matter how busy I am or how much I have on my plate.  I meditate a minimum of thirty minutes every day without fail.  The power of this single worthwhile habit is like talking about the power of the sun over our planet.  I have become so familiar with my own internal thoughts that I can now live in peace while pursuing other worthwhile goals.  The meditation helps me to review where I am, where I'm going and how I'm doing without outside influence from the world.  This inner world has become so intense that I now use headphones and an eye mask to make sure my morning meditation is completely free of distraction.  If you're serious about improving the quality of your life, consider one single worthwhile habit and stick with it as long as you live.  You will witness for yourself how much better your life can be.  Have a great day.

No comments: