Monday, October 19, 2020

Invest Your Energy on Your Top Gifts

How are you doing with the gifts you have been blessed with?  Are you using them?  One of the best lessons I've learned during my sixty years on this planet is that when I work on the the things I'm really not very good at, I spin my wheels and my forward progress in hindered.  The reverse is true when I turn to my strengths.  While it's true that certain things need to get done than I simply have no talent for, it's not really necessary to do these things myself.  That's where teamwork is vital.  I focus my energy on my top gifts while enlisting others with superior strengths in my weak categories to handle those tasks.  

Something else happens when you find yourself concentrating on your top gifts.  Happiness increases.  There is something about successful outcomes that make you feel good inside.  It's a sense of accomplishment.  You won't feel this when you're consistently failing at tasks you're not cut out to perform.  If you're not sure what your top gifts are, ask your friends and family.  Chat with your coworkers.  Go all in once you discover your top gifts and allocate as much time as you can to refining them.  Do this daily and the world will be a better place.  Have a great day.

No comments: