Monday, October 12, 2020

Chip, Chip Away

The chip shot is becoming my favorite option in pursuit of financial freedom.  I admire those who can sprint with gazelle-like speed.  Unfortunately, in a quest like the one I'm on now, there is no way I could have the endurance to go the distance and cross the finish line successfully if I'm going full speed ahead.  My strategy is to get out of debt using continuous chip shots at every mile of my ultra-distance marathon.   

New hazards keep showing up on the course.  The world is in the midst of a stubborn pandemic.  Mother Nature is shooting fireballs and launching a stream of ferocious hurricanes.  I'm doing my best to stay on course and avoid any distractions.  Every day is a chip shot.  It's a choice to pack a lunch and eat home-cooked meals.  My eyes are fixated on the daily scorecard.  It's working.  I'm fortunate to have a partner on the course with me who shares the same goals.  A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.  Five hundred miles to go win the race.  Chip, chip away.  Have a great day.

No comments: