Sunday, June 9, 2019

State Champions!


Congrats to my teammates.  We did it.  We're men's 18+ state champions.  All I can say is this journey began the day after we lost in a nail biter one year ago in Waterloo.  It came down to a couple of points last year.  The ball did not bounce our way.  We got serious.  Real serious.  The focus paid off.  It was a clean sweep.  5-0. 

It's still soaking in as I sit at gate 3 in the Cedar Rapids airport waiting for takeoff.  I'm headed back to Evansville to assist our new team with our new store opening.  We now have over 5,000 families enrolled.  I kissed my wife goodbye and told her I'll be back in two weeks.  We will have home court advantage for our state championship match in the men's 40 division.  Somebody pinch me, please.  I want to make sure I'm not dreaming all this.  Have a great day.

No comments: