Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Caveman Storytelling Gets Authentic


Something extra special happened yesterday on my return visit to Mammoth Cave.  Our park ranger, Emily, asked me to stand up and share my Wilson story.  We were sitting in a large cavern about 200 feet below the surface waiting for the rest of the group to catch up to us.  Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this is what my life would become.

I shared my writing journey in a two minute author talk and sat down.  Others in the group asked to have their pictures taken with my sidekick.  Wilson has been opening doors ever since the first day I adopted him when he dribbled out of a minivan at my day job.

There is a major legal obstacle I need to overcome now that I have a vision for my 4th writing project.  The idea was tested in the cave and the audience told me they want to read more about Wilson.  Even though Wilson travels the world with me, Twentieth Century Fox & DreamWorks owns the trademark and copyright for his image.  As crazy as the idea is, I'm asking these folks to give me permission to put Wilson on the cover of book number four, "Adventures with Wilson."

Yep.  I know I'm crazy.  The secret to my writing is simple.  I wait for my stories to fall out of the sky and go to work.  Thankfully, none of the stalagtites broke off and hit me while I was receiving my messages from Heaven yesterday in a cave two hundred feet below the surface.  Have a great day.

No comments: