Friday, November 30, 2018

An Important Reason Why You Need to Achieve Your Goals


Zig Ziglar said it best, "what you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."

The other night I was playing doubles with an extremely competitive group.  My opponent struck the ball so hard at me that I fell backwards while returning a volley at the net.  I managed to raise my racquet while squatting down on my derriere.  He charged like an angry bull on a mission to conquer the matador in the arena.  My raised racquet was not a sign of surrender and my opponent knew it.  He did the right thing by pouncing on me with a second bullet to my body while I was still down.  I popped a volley cross court between the two men and it floated to the baseline like a pop fly.  I jumped back on my feet and closed the net while my opponent chased the ball and somehow kept the point alive.  We didn't win the point but it didn't matter.  What was important to me was knowing who I have become – a fighter who has a passion for winning against all odds.

The one I follow fell three times before he achieved his final objective.  He taught me you always get back up after every fall.  This is a good lesson for all of us.  Have a great day.


No comments: