Saturday, December 1, 2018

808 Vision Becomes Real


It started with a dream.  One of my business partners and I shared about vacations and travel plans during a break many years ago.  I told him my favorite place to vacation is Maui which happens to have an 808 area code.  Then it hit me.  Why not set a goal to work 80 days and then take 8 days off to travel?  808 became a vision.  The dream stayed with me when I packed my bags and relocated to the Midwest with my family.  I felt like I won the lottery when a family member accepted a position at a major airlines offering travel perks for the parents.  Even though I'm still shy of the number of weeks needed at my day job to achieve 808, I found a way to use unpaid leave to fill the gap and take four weeks off next year.  Today I did it.  I arranged the fourth week of vacation for 2019 and  reserved a prepaid place in Big Sky country.   All of my vacations are possible using free standby travel, credit card rewards and hotel points accumulated from day job adventures.

Most people overlook the ingredient necessary to bring a dream to life – faith.  I'm a believer.  The one I follow moves mountains, heals broken bones and gives rest to the weary.  I believe Jesus gave me the 808 vision long ago and I held on to to that dream even though I let go of everything else.  In fact, letting go is what made the dream possible.  It's time to sign off and head to the indoor courts for a league match.  Have a great day and don't forget to dream big.

No comments: