Saturday, December 8, 2018

Jesus, Take the Wheel


There's no doubt in my mind Jesus is real.  Zero.  I'm the first to admit to you and all the world I was blind and now I see.  Jesus gave me this vision.  My journey began with a prayer for wisdom sometime during my teenage years when I felt like my world was falling apart.  I thought I had things figured out and my life was pretty much on cruise control.  I was 90% all in for Jesus.  The truth is I held on to the other 10% in the area of finances because most of the stories I read about Jesus and money didn't really fit my point-of-view.  Why was Jesus always letting go of the money?  This bothered me.

Looking in the rear view mirror, my life was 90% amazing and 10% challenging.  The challenging part had to do with my poor money management skills.  I caved when the last recession hit and I lost all my marbles.  It was time for Jesus to take the wheel.  No more calling for a part-time Uber driver in times of crisis.  I needed Jesus to be in charge 100% of the time.  When I finally let go of the money, it was really more about letting go of all the liabilities I accrued because my pesos were devalued all the way to zero.  Letting go felt good.   I moved over to the passenger seat and watched Jesus wipe out every liability,  one by one, until they vaporized into thin air.  There's only one obstacle to go – the mortgage.  Jesus has the wheel. His foot is on the accelerator and he's driving well over the speed limit.   I hear Jesus whispering in his calm, reassuring voice, "let go."  My seat belt is buckled and my eyes are wide open.  This is a joy ride I want to savor all the way to Heaven.  Jesus knows the way, the truth and the life and he will share it with anyone who asks.  Have a great day.

No comments: