Thursday, December 6, 2018

Show Me the Points


My ways are a bit unorthodox.  Maybe that's why they separated the Kindergarten class into two groups and I was placed in the morning session for kids who needed extra help finding their way.  My sisters are helping my mother clean out things she accumulated over a lifetime of raising six kids and it's too bad my Kindergarten report card wasn't tossed sooner.  It's still haunting me.  He could do better, my teacher wrote.  If you want her real name, ask one of the pm kids.  I remember her as Mrs. Caboose.  Before this story turns into a train wreck, let me get back on track and share a little bit about bonus points.  It's my way of doing better with our family budget.  Dave Ramsey, the financial guru people pay big bucks to follow, would not agree with me.  He's old school.  I'm a rebel.

Bonus points are rewards you earn from doing things in a manner different from the way your parents or teachers taught you.  I'm using these points to have fun while I'm retiring my mortgage early.  I earned over 1,000 in bonus points (free money) in the last 24 months by turning my credit card into a debit card.  The banks haven't heard of this one.  Simply use a credit card that pays rewards and make a payment from your checking account as soon as it clears pending in order to avoid interest.  Make sure the funds are in your checking account first before you charge.  This idea is only the tip of the iceberg.  Stay tuned for more stories about bonus points.  I'll be sharing more here during my debt reduction adventures.  Have a great day.

No comments: