Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Day 7 of 7


It's day 7 of 7 at my day job today.  The stars are in alignment for three days of family fun starting tomorrow.  Since one of our loved ones has a job that requires working on major Holidays, we decided to find creative ways to spend time together.  When she can't come to the party, we bring the party to her.  Let's just say we're expanding our horizons.

I would like to thank one of my favorite blog readers for reaching out to me yesterday in support of my golfing challenges, aka debt reduction for beginners.  The reality is most of us don't realize we're confined in debt prison. High interest rates and penalties for late or missed payments may as well be a life sentence.  My escape is as well thought out as Andy's from the Shawshank Redemption.  Our youngest son remarked I was cooler than Morgan Freeman, Andy's sidekick who was rewarded with enough cash after his release to live comfortably in his retirement years.  Even though the comment about my coolness was made while he was coming out of anesthesia, I appreciate his kind words and aspire to be free once my escape plan is hatched.

The key to any good plan is to make it so vivid and detailed that you can't get lost.  After all, debt prison is like a confusing labyrinth and the creditors design it to keep their customers walled in for life.  Andy made chess pieces in prison.  I'm creating a massive 36 hole golf course and the last hole is where my treasure chest is buried with my mortgage document inside.  There are two par threes in May and November this first year and the other ten holes are par twos.  The idea is to make par 36 times over 36 months.  Par is the additional money necessary to pay down the principle.  Why a golf course?  Because debt reduction can be fun if you're willing to visualize a successful outcome.  Have a great day.

No comments: