Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Fun, Games and Debt Reduction


I have my game face on.  This is what I do when I'm up against a fierce competitor.  It's all about a winning attitude.  My secret weapon is visualization.  It's like taking a sneak peek into the future and seeing that finish line along with all the rewards that come with it.

What name to you give your opponent when you're fighting someone or something you can't see in front of you?  That's what debt reduction is – an opponent without a face.  I picture my challenger as a mountain I must climb, a marathon I must win and most recently, a 36-hole golf course I must conquer before sunset on the last day of the year three years, one month and two days from today.  Yes, a golf course.  Why?  Because most people want to be on the golf course.  That's where the fun is.  Debt reduction can be fun if you know how to play the game and you choose to make it fun.

I'm sharing my strategy for the first twelve holes on my imaginary golf course and my opponent is ABC Mortgage.  We're going mano y mano.  I've been buying his cigars and supporting his luxurious lifestyle ever since I bought my first property in my 20's.  When these 36 holes are done, so is Mr. ABC Mortgage.  He's going down.  I designed my game around my strengths and they have nothing to do with my golf swing as entertaining as my form may be to my readers.  The third hole comes with two weeks in Maui, already prepaid to keep me focused on par.  The 5th hole comes with a stay in Phoenix, mostly prepaid with the exception of a rental car.  The 7rh hole includes one week prepaid in Aruba.  If I make par in the first nine holes, I'm giving myself and my wife a bonus one week vacation to be used on the 10th or 11th hole.  By the way, I'll be eating and living like a caveman when I'm not golfing.  That's the price necessary to beat Mr. ABC Mortgage.  Have a great day.

No comments: