Sunday, November 18, 2018

Indoor Fun Today


It's time to hit the courts for some indoor fun in the Men's 55+ division this morning before heading off to my day job.  Although we're currently in last place in a four team division where we face off twice against each opponent, the matches have been close and we have a chance to climb out of the cellar with a team win.  I'm eagerly awaiting two players to join our team when they become age eligible on Jan 1.  In football terms, today's match is the end of the second quarter.  If we can stay close until the fresh legs come in late in the 4th quarter, I believe we can surprise our opponents and advance to the playoffs.  I wish I could borrow Phil Rivers, the quarterback of the Chargers, for one of his half-time pep talks.  My family never counted him out during the months of November and December when he thrilled fans with his never die spirit.  All I can say is, win or lose, it's going to be a fun day today.  Have a great day.

No comments: