Monday, February 26, 2018

Road to Recovery Now at Half-way Point


What a difference three weeks makes.  I'm headed back to the clinic at University of Iowa hospital this afternoon for an evaluation of my injuries from my auto accident on February 5.  The weather today is expected to be in the fifties, our first heat wave of the year.  If all goes well, I could be back at my day job as early as tomorrow.  As for my return to the tennis courts, that will have to wait until my bones and spleen are fully recovered which will take another three weeks.

My recovery time has been peaceful.  I can't thank my wife enough for all the pampering.  Special thanks to my sister, Ann, for keeping friends and family updated while I concentrated on rest.  The first couple of weeks I could barely speak due to the seven broken ribs.  I feel better than ever today.  There are a couple of areas of concern that the doctors are paying attention to.  I'm thankful surgery was not needed and that my body is healing naturally.  I do believe all the prayers are making a difference and I'm thankful to be alive.  Thanks for supporting me with your good thoughts and prayers.  I'll update you tomorrow after my doctor visit.  Have a great day.

No comments: